I went to the CES show this last week and looked at a bunch of home automation stuff. Here’s the most interesting Zigbee stuff I saw…
A company named ThinkEco is releasing the Modlet which is a plug-in outlet replacement that uses Zigbee to let you monitor power usage [...]
So, I decided to try the CentraLite light switches since they’re Zigbee and since I’ve got Zigbee (XBee) stuff all over the place now.
First, it’s hard to buy the switches. I found one supplier, ASIhome. It took them two weeks to get switches out to me.
I Bought: USB Controller – I [...]
I’ve started working on the software. I’ve installed two controllers and 3 PIR units and everything seems to be working well, so it’s time to start using this stuff.
The main application is written in Java. At this point it’s just an engine that
(a) at startup it interrogates all of the nodes to see [...]
- Why do my calls go straight to voice mail?
- Comments on Windows Phone
- Comments on Microsoft Surface RT
- Comments on Windows 8
- Whither Home Automation
- The iTach WiFi2IR Review and Use
- I love my Nook Color
- Microsoft Expression Blend Sucks
- AutoHome Software – Insteon Setup
- Setting up the home automation software
- CES and Zigbee Home Automation
- Antennas and the iPhone4